Homemade Chips Recipe
|Homemade chips recipe|
Make tortilla chips | how to make homemade tortilla chips
· Cornflour - 1 cup
· Maida - 1/4 cup
· Rice flour - 1/4 cup
· Sugar - 1 tsp
· Butter - 1/4 cup
· Pepper powder ( white ) - 2 tsp
· Salt - as needed
· Oil - as needed
· Mix cornflour, maida, rice flour, sugar, pepper powder, salt in a bowl.
· Melt butter, add to the contents, add water, mix well and knead to a dough.
· Heat oil in a frying pan.
· Take a small portion of dough, roll into a circle and fry till crisp.
Karela Chips | how to make karela chips
· Bitter gourds - 3 to 4
· Salt - 2 tsp
· Rice flour - 2tbl sps
· Besan flour (Kadala maavu) - 2 tbl sps
· Red chili powder - to taste
· Slice each piece of bitter gourd into fairly thin half-moon shape. Transfer them to a colander and sprinkle the salt over.
· Shake the colander to distribute the salt evenly. Leave to rest for about an hour or so.
· Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the bitter gourd pieces and dry them on paper towels. Transfer to a Ziploc bag or a big bowl.
· Mix the Rice flour, besan flour and chilly powder together and sprinkle over the pieces.
· Shake the bag or bowl so that the seasoning is distributed evenly over the pieces.
· Heat the oil in a wok, and fry the bitter gourd pieces in batches to a crisp brown & Drain on paper towels
French fries recipe | how to make french fries
· potatoes-5( big)
· salt-a pinch
· oil-for deep frying
· wash and peel potatoes
· cut potatoes length wise (finger length),not so thin.
· take a bowl full of cold water and add a pinch of salt.
· now soak the cut potatoes in cold water for 1 hour.
· now take them out and rub them slightly with a dry towel.
· take oil in a kadai for deep frying.
· when oil is very hot, add these potato slices and fry them till golden brown.
· serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Jackfruit chips | how to make Jackfruit chips
· JackfruitJack Fruit (chakka)(raw with firm flesh) - 1 no or as reqd,
· SaltSalt - As reqd,
· Oil - As reqd,
· Water - As reqd
· Clean the jackfruit and separate the flesh from it.
· Make sure to apply oil on your palm and the knife while doing this so that the gum doesn't stick to it.
· After separating the edible part, cut it into long pieces.
· Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot add the jackfruit pieces.
· Deep fry it by stirring it occasionally.
· When its ready, add one tsp of salted water to the chips. Mix well.
· Remove it from fire.
· Repeat the same procedure for rest of the pieces.
· Store it in an airtight container.
Banana chips recipe | how to make banana chips
- 5 raw bananas
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- oil for deep frying
- salt according to taste
- Take off and put bananas in plenty of salted iced water.
- Slice bananas with a chip slicer into water, mix in in turmeric.
- Keep for 10 min, remove out water fully.
- Spread out on a kitchen cloth to take off moisture.
- Heat up oil in a wok till smoky.
- Fry banana slices in batches for a minute or two or until crisp.
- Lift chips out with slotted spoon and remove on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
Apple crisp recipe | how to make apple chips
- · Unsweetened apple juice - 2 cups
- · Cinnamon stick – 1
- · Red Delicious apples - 2
· In large skillet or pot, combine apple juice and cinnamon stick; bring to a low boil while preparing apples.
· With sharp knife, Slice off 1/2-inch from top and bottom of apples and discard (or eat!). 3.Stand apples on either cut end and saw gently crosswise into very thin (1/8-inch) rings, rotating the apple as necessary to get even slices.
· Drop apple slices into boiling juice; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until slices appear translucent and lightly golden.
· Meanwhile, heat oven to 250 degrees F.
· With slotted spatula, remove apple slices from juice and pat dry.
· Arrange slices on cake-cooling racks, being sure none overlap.
· Place racks on middle shelf in oven; bake 30 to 40 minutes until apple slices are lightly browned and almost dry to touch.
- Allow the chips to cool on racks completely before storing in airtight container
Potato Chips Recipe | how to make crispy potato chips at homeINGREDIENTS
- 2 kg Potato large
- Salt to taste
- Water for washing & boiling chips
- Wash the potatoes well in water.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Now start slicing the potatoes in such a way so that the slices falls directly into the salt water. (this will prevent the potato slices from getting brown).
- The water should cover the slices completely.
- After you made chips of all the potatoes wash all the chips thoroughly under running water to take all the starch off or else your chips start appearing yellow after being dried.
- Now heat a large pan full of water and add salt to it.
- The quantity of water should be enough for potato slices to be fully submerged.
- Bring this salt water mixture to a rolling boil on a high flame.
- When the water starts boiling add 1/4th of the chips we have sliced out of 2 kgs potatoes. Stir it slightly.
- Cover and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until they are close to cooking but not completely cooked like we cook the vegetables. (the water may ooze out of pan hence to avoid this you can keep the lid open from one side.
- Now serve them using a big strainer. You can save the hot water to be used in the next batch. Repeat the same boiling process for the rest of the chips. If hot water is not sufficient you can add some more water. Bring it to boil & then add remaining chips.
- While you put the next batch in boiling water, you can start spreading boiled chips from the previous batch on a clean muslin cloth under the sun for 1 or 2 days or about 7 to 8 hours in the sun. (for better drying some people turn the chips upside down for better, but personally, I and my Mom doesn't do it because the chips get dried on its own if it gets proper sunlight)
- Once completely dried store them in airtight plastic or steel containers.
- Serve them along with hot tea or coffee after deep frying.
- Sprinkle some chat masala, ground black pepper or red chili flakes, black salt or plain salt before serving.
|Homemade chips recipe|