Homemade Chips Recipe
|Homemade chips recipe|
Make tortilla chips
· Cornflour - 1 cup
· Maida - 1/4 cup
· Rice flour - 1/4 cup
· Sugar - 1 tsp
· Butter - 1/4 cup
· Pepper powder ( white ) - 2 tsp
· Salt - as needed
· Oil - as needed
· Mix cornflour, maida, rice flour, sugar, pepper powder, salt in a bowl.
· Melt butter, add to the contents, add water, mix well and knead to a dough.
· Heat oil in a frying pan.
· Take a small portion of dough, roll into a circle and fry till crisp.
· Bitter gourds - 3 to 4
· Salt - 2 tsp
· Rice flour - 2tbl sps
· Besan flour (Kadala maavu) - 2 tbl sps
· Red chili powder - to taste
· Slice each piece of bitter gourd into fairly thin half-moon shape. Transfer them to a colander and sprinkle the salt over.
· Shake the colander to distribute the salt evenly. Leave to rest for about an hour or so.
· Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the bitter gourd pieces and dry them on paper towels. Transfer to a Ziploc bag or a big bowl.
· Mix the Rice flour, besan flour and chilly powder together and sprinkle over the pieces.
· Shake the bag or bowl so that the seasoning is distributed evenly over the pieces.
· Heat the oil in a wok, and fry the bitter gourd pieces in batches to a crisp brown & Drain on paper towels
French fries recipe
· potatoes-5( big)
· salt-a pinch
· oil-for deep frying
· wash and peel potatoes
· cut potatoes length wise (finger length),not so thin.
· take a bowl full of cold water and add a pinch of salt.
· now soak the cut potatoes in cold water for 1 hour.
· now take them out and rub them slightly with a dry towel.
· take oil in a kadai for deep frying.
· when oil is very hot, add these potato slices and fry them till golden brown.
· serve hot with tomato ketchup.
· JackfruitJack Fruit (chakka)(raw with firm flesh) - 1 no or as reqd,
· SaltSalt - As reqd,
· Oil - As reqd,
· Water - As reqd
· Clean the jackfruit and separate the flesh from it.
· Make sure to apply oil on your palm and the knife while doing this so that the gum doesn't stick to it.
· After separating the edible part, cut it into long pieces.
· Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot add the jackfruit pieces.
· Deep fry it by stirring it occasionally.
· When its ready, add one tsp of salted water to the chips. Mix well.
· Remove it from fire.
· Repeat the same procedure for rest of the pieces.
· Store it in an airtight container.
Banana chips recipe
- 5 raw bananas
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- oil for deep frying
- salt according to taste
- Take off and put bananas in plenty of salted iced water.
- Slice bananas with a chip slicer into water, mix in in turmeric.
- Keep for 10 min, remove out water fully.
- Spread out on a kitchen cloth to take off moisture.
- Heat up oil in a wok till smoky.
- Fry banana slices in batches for a minute or two or until crisp.
- Lift chips out with slotted spoon and remove on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
Apple crisp recipe
- · Unsweetened apple juice - 2 cups
- · Cinnamon stick – 1
- · Red Delicious apples - 2
· In large skillet or pot, combine apple juice and cinnamon stick; bring to a low boil while preparing apples.
· With sharp knife, Slice off 1/2-inch from top and bottom of apples and discard (or eat!). 3.Stand apples on either cut end and saw gently crosswise into very thin (1/8-inch) rings, rotating the apple as necessary to get even slices.
· Drop apple slices into boiling juice; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until slices appear translucent and lightly golden.
· Meanwhile, heat oven to 250 degrees F.
· With slotted spatula, remove apple slices from juice and pat dry.
· Arrange slices on cake-cooling racks, being sure none overlap.
· Place racks on middle shelf in oven; bake 30 to 40 minutes until apple slices are lightly browned and almost dry to touch.
- Allow the chips to cool on racks completely before storing in airtight container
|Homemade chips recipe|